How can I get my 2 yr old daughter to poop on the potty?

We started potty training and she took to the pee-pee part right away, but she WON'T poop on the potty and it's driving me crazy.... my son was so easy to train!

GOINGCRAZYXXX

Asked by GOINGCRAZYXXX at 5:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sometimes kids feel more attached to their poop. It's almost viewed like it is a part of them being flushed away and it can be pretty scary.

Whatever method you choose, do not, I repeat, DO NOT reward her with food or candy of any kind. This can lead to obesity or other eating disorders later in life.

But, you can reward her with a sticker chart, new toys, a favorite activity, 30 minutes of her favorite show. When i was training my son he would get a sticker, and then when his sticker chart was full (i think it went to 25) he would get to pick a favorite activity (usually he wanted chuck e' cheese).

And remember, let her take her time.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Wait a few months, and try again

Answer by rkoloms at 5:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I used m&m's and she doesn't ask for them anymore when she goes to potty so I don't know how realistic it is to say that it leads to obesity later in life.

As for the poop, I took some of what was in her undies and put it in the potty before she sat down (sneaky like). When she got up I made a big deal out of her pooping in the potty. After she realized that it was ok to poop in the potty and that it wouldn't hurt, she went all the time and we never had a poop accident.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Use something she really likes as a reward. My SIL used stickers. I tried a few things, and finally found out that those little lollipops were the way to go for my son. And I laugh at the though that one, maybe two candies a day is going to lead to obesity.
    Any way, it still took awhile, after he knew what the reward was. But eventually he got up the guts, and did it. Now he rarely, rarely has an accident.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:42 AM on Jun. 22, 2010