does anyone else feel like an only child?

I am not close to my brother at all, we see each other maybe once a year...I feel like I have no siblings...does anyone else feel this way? and what do you do with those feelings/ How doyou handle it?

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i have 3 siblings and am not that close to any of them. they feel more like distant cousins. we get along great we just dont see each other or talk very often. i talk to my cousin more than either of my sisters.
    Anonymous

• I would like to feel like an only child. When I talk to my sister all we do is fight. I don't even talk to my step sister much at all--maybe once a year.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• yeah.. my sister is a ho and moved out of state for some dude & left her son with my parents & my brother is married to a bitch that has him by the balls and won't let him or his kids come visit unless they have noone else to keep the kids, just b/c my parents smoke
    Anonymous

• yeah i feel that way. i have 2 sisters and 1 brother and we are not close at all. i mean we talk on the phone but not much and hardly ever see each other. i handle it like i have always handle it: by keep to myself ( as uausl).
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I AM THE ONLY CHILD!.. :((
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I'm sorry you feel that way. I was raised to believe that family pride and loyalty came before all else. I have 7 siblings and I am close to all of them. I see each of them at least twice a week. My fraternal twin sister is almost always at my house, or I'm at hers. It's crazy when all 8 of us are at my parents house because we still act like little kids - a couple days ago we split into two teams and had a water fight along with some cousins, uncles, aunts, my dad and all of our children. My mom refused to join in the water fight and got sprayed with the hose by my dad...my dad then hide for about an hour because my mom was gonna get him back with a bucket of water.
    Anonymous

• I haven't seen my brother in 4 years and have only seen him 3 times in the last 12 years. He lives on the other side of the country from us.
    But he's still my brother and I love him to death and he'll always be a part of my life no matter where he lives or how often I see him. He was one of my best friends growing up (I mean that literally, we had all the same friends and did everything together until we were both in high school--different schools). At the end of summer we will be moving about 40 miles away from him so I hope to get to see him more often. But that means we'll probably never see the rest of our family because we're too poor to go home to visit...just like my brother, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I have 3 living brothers, all younger than I am. We had traumatic childhoods that I won't get into, but we were separated and didn't see each other until we were adults. We tried to get to know each other again, but we all felt too much like strangers with nothing in common at all so we just remained polite to each other...you know, just a Christmas card once a year. Then I stopped getting those at all. One of my brother's wives actually cut our return address from the envelope we sent our Christmas card in, put our Christmas card in a larger envelope, taped the cut return address to the front, and mailed it back to us with no note or anything. I haven't heard from any of them for several years now and I'll just respect their wishes because I don't know them, either.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:00 AM on Jun. 22, 2010