How to decide on when to have another baby

My son turned 3 in March. We have a 3 bedroom house. One for us, one for our son. The other is used as a computer room....if we had another baby we couldnt use that room b/c it way too cold in winter and way too hot in summer. My dh wants to wait to have aonther baby untill we finish the basement and turn one room into our bedroom, and turn our current bedroom into our sons room, and his room into the nursery. The way I see it, that will take a lot of money and time. I just don't see it ever happening. And I really want to try for another baby. I really dont want my kids too far apart in age. I've tried talking to him about it but he just want listen. What do you think about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I agree with you. I don't know your situation, but for me stuff like that takes months or years if it ever gets done at all. Maybe he is just not ready, I would just ask him straight out if he is postponing for some other reason. My baby never uses his room and my daughter didn't until she was one.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 5:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• You can always put two kids in the same room. And heck...babies often spend more of year one in mom and dad's room than elsewhere.

You cannot base decisions on your home. Had the two of you talked about number of children before? He may have another reason for not wanting another and is using this as an excuse. You need to have a serious talk.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:19 AM on Jun. 22, 2010