Do you bake with canola oil?

Does it turn out and taste the same as using vegetable oil?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• yes and yes
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I did once when I ran out of vegetable oil and it did not turn out that great. The brownies were still raw in the middle and full of oil.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 5:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• No. There is some controversy on the safety of canola oil at high temperatures. I use sunflower seed oil for baking; sometimes coconut oil.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I use it all the time, and the food always comes out just fine.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 5:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• No because I think it is very bad for you. Then again all oil is bad but I only use olive oil, and will never use anything else. Plus I dont fry things, so its actually healthy if you dont over due it.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• The controversy over it was stemmed from fake information in an email a while back. Some people are worried because it's made from rape seed, which is part of the mustard family and they they think mustard gas, but other things like cabbage and radishes are also of the mustard family. Others are worried about using it at high temperatures but rape seed oil has been used in cooking for centuries in other countries and now the plants have been made to produce a very healthy and safe cooking oil, even at high temperatures.
    Anonymous

• i use olive oil.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Oil is oil is oil....all those on the shelf at the supermarket will cook the same. You can interchange Veggie, Canola, Olive and peanut. The difference as far as cooking is taste. I use alot of Olive, but, not on certain foods because it is so strong tasting. But, interchanging Canola and vegetable oil will not do anything different.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I used olive oil once for muffins and they turned out so nasty! What a waste of my blueberries! lol
    Anonymous

• No, I use Olive Oil. But canola does taste just like the rest of them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2010