Do you feed your kids...

completely following the food pyramid or at least very close to it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Nope. We aim for:

7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables, in at least three different colors
    5 servings of whole grains
    at least two servings of legumes
    lots of water

every day...

Answer by rkoloms at 9:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Nah... I know I should, but then I would have to eat all the healthy stuff too. lol
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• i just try to feed her a balanced diet. she is really picky though so that's not an easy task.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Nope. I'm not even sure the food pyramid is all it's supposed to be. I have a kid with sensory issues. I'm just happy when she eats SOMETHING.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 5:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• no.
    i think all natural foods without processing should be at the bottom of the pyramid, like fruits and veggies, veggies, veggies!
    i think beans and nuts and brown rice should be next.
    i think that the further a food is from its natural state (bread and pasta) the less goodness it has for your body. also, it is hard to find bread without artificial stuff in it too, so does the average person that follows the pyramid read all the ingredients on labels?
    anyhow, those are just some of my thoughts.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• no i also have a boy with sensory issues. I offer him the food pyramid but he will not eat meat or beans. So now i give him a protein bar a day. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    chuggysmommy08

Answer by chuggysmommy08 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• No- or they would be starving to death! lol My kids only eat greenbeans, rice and pasta. They hate meat. It's just that way. I do give them vitamins and those instant breakfast drinks to help make up the difference.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• chuggys- would he eat fish? eggs?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• My daughter definitely doesn't eat the recommended amounts of meats but she eats about double the fruits and veggies..
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 6:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• No. He's allergic to dairy, wheat, peanuts, soy, lentils and sesame, plus intolerant to gluten. If I fed him like the food pyramid says I should, he'd be one very sick boy.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2010