CM is for moms of all ages right?

My aunt emailed me today and said she saw this great site on the TV called cafemom and I should join because it's for younger moms not women her age. She's close to seventy I think. Anyway, I told her I'm an active member on CM already and known to stir up controversy from time to time LOL. I told her that older moms can join too. Why does CM have the label of only appealing to younger moms? I think that's silly. How many older moms are out there?

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 5:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in About CafeMom

• she can join.
    i think it only gets portrayed that way because its a networking site. like online stuff. sometimes older people don't have the skills (no offense to anyone. honestly!)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Depends on how you define older...I know of several in their 60's and 70's. I'm 37

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I don't think there's a specified age that you ahve to be. You can just be a mom. But some moms here are biased against teenage moms so be careful of those trolls.

GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 5:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• It's technically an untrue statement. You must be at least 16 to join so anyone younger isn't allowed. I am 33 but like butterfly, I know of some that are in their 70's
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I think it's for all ages, but I also think it's seen as for younger moms because women in their 60's+ tend not to think of themselves as "mom" but as "grandma" It's like the thinking that young moms have questions and need support, but older moms are through all that. I would just tell her she should check it out. There are a few groups on here for older moms, but I don't know how many are in that age range... I don't know many moms in that age group that use the internet or social sites... I guess there are some, but I'm just not sure how many.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• A mom is a mom whether she's a teen or whether she's 120.
    Anonymous

• CAFEMOM IS FOR ANY MOM 16 YEARS OLD OR OLDER! (According to the TOS).

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I've found quite a few older moms here & there. I think it's great that older moms can find what they're looking for too. One of the neatest people on my friends list is at least 60! (I'm 30.)
    Anonymous

• I never saw that it appeals to younger moms only, or they're geared towards younger moms. The site is for all ages.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I know it's for all mom's older than 16. Maybe it comes off as something for younger moms since it's got advice and the question section and it's a place to connect with other moms. Maybe they figure someone in her 30's or 40's had already done that and has grown kids and doesn't need advice.
    A wrong assumption, but I do notice that of the mom's I know in real life, it's the younger ones who get together and ask each other for advice, and the older ones or moms who had kids in their 30's or 40's, don't tend to do that as much.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2010