resumes

I'm trying to figure out how to write out my resume I've never done one,and I dont consider myself capable of selling myself so employers will say oh cool this one is worth calling. My brain goes 90 miles an hour and I cant get down what I want, what I write always sounds like a kid wrote it out. I'm writing this resume from microsoft works,and the first question it asks is my Career Objective,then qualifications,relevent experience,then other experience,along with education,then references. HELP! I would like to work for myself by creating my own company,but first I need more opportunities to work on my own for companies that would let me make decisions and let interact with more people so I can get better at customer relations and learning how business works. I probally sound really corny omg I wouldnt be surpised if you roflyao right now at me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• There are websites that can teach you how to do it step by step and have examples to work from. They explain all those unfamiliar terms. I had to use one last time I was job seeking.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Your question is a serious one... no lmao here. First, think about what you want to do - try to put it in words for your objectives, like, "I would like to work for a company that will allow me to enhance my customer service skills.

You don't want to put that you are planning on opening your own company - they will NEVER hire you.

Qualifications are simply a list of past jobs. Give the dates you worked for the company and list the things you did there as related to the job you want. This will also cover your relevant experience.

Special skills are the things you have learned to do that would make you a more attractive employee to them - like computer skills and knowledge of certain computer programs.

neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• http://www.careeronestop.org/ResumesInterviews/ResumesInterviews.aspx

Best Of Luck Job Hunting!

Emma Weekly

EmmaWeekly.com

HomeCareerSuccess.com

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Tip one If you want to work for yourself one day-Do Not put that on your objective. It tells me you will leave soon. Follow the MS outline and be HONEST and clear, concise. Make sure you have an email address that is not embarrassing but simple like TSJones@aol( not LittleAngel @yahoo) No paper resumes, do it all online. rkoloms at CM can help you professionally with a resume service. Search her screen name.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 6:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• resumemaker.com. invest a few dollars to get the job you want.
    Anonymous

• I do career and job search coaching, and I will be happy to help you craft a resume (I don't charge CafeMoms).

I have many tips posted in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 9:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Also, clean up if you have one, your Face book, or anything with a profile, or make sure you have your security apps on. Some companies are known to snoop in these areas.rkoloms-she is your answer. Good Luck.
    Sunshine007775

Answer by Sunshine007775 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I have a cool resume program, send me an PM and u can help u.
    rosadnr

Answer by rosadnr at 11:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2010