What do you think of this quote?

"The road to destruction is paved with good intentions"
Do you think this can easily be applied to politics?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I always heard it as hell,not destruction. Yes,I'd put politics in there. Religion too.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Either way , I agree
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Agree with both pp, although there are only a handful of politicians I would even give the benefit of the doubt to as far as 'good intentions'. Most are out to serve themselves and the ones that donated the most.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I'm not sure these people have good intentions. I think this is a power struggle and they are trying deliberately to ruin us.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• yes, I agree with the quote. I know that some people go into politics for the right reasons, they just stay too long and well, we get what we have now. A power struggle, as jesse said.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Ha, I almost wrote this quote in the other P&CE post. It's a good one, and very true!
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 10:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I thin kit is very true. Good intentions lead to a lot of things! Some good some not so good but in the end it's people doing what they feel is right and forgetting that what they feel is right isn't always what is right for everyone. It's kinda like ' You can't please everyone all the time only some of the people some of the time.' and as other said Power struggles have a lot to do with some of the political 'good intentions'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2010