what would you say..

My MIL made a comment on how I should stay home and clean my house. I work everyday,as well as hubby. we are remodeling the house too!. when the kids get home ages 9, 6 and 2 we go out for a walk, to the park, or our pool. On the weekends we always go somewhere, unless it is my weekend to work (once a month). My MIL babysits for our youngest and cleans our house, her choice!!!!. well she told me she is no longer going to clean cause WE NEVER CLEAN! that is wrong my house is messy but NOT dirty, I clean every friday night I am up to about 1am cleaning/scrubbing. anyways I refuse to NOT bring my kids out in the daylight so I can "dust" or something. I told her that too!. what would of you said.. ? remember WE NEVER ASK HER TO CLEAN, SHE JUST DOES. BUT SHE DOESN'T DO CLEANING, MORE LIKE PICKING UP ONLY!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You never asked for her opinion, so she really should have kept it to herself. If she chooses to clean your house, that's fine, but she has no right to tell you how to run your home.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I would tell her "Too each, his own!" She doesnt have to like it b/c she doesnt live there. Tell her you value your time with your kids more than time spent with dust bunnies, then i would tell her nicely to kiss my ass. lol
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I would invite her to come pick up my house for me...if she is so concerned. ;)
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• OP HERE!!! Thanks ladies.. I know right, she will come here on the weekends and just start doing stuff, while were sitting here. then she complains. She never thought her children to clean, so basically my husband is lazy cause of her not teaching it. When he was single and 25 his mom still came to clean when he went to work. the funniest thing about this is her house isn't even clean, there is more dirt on her pourch then I ever seen and she lets her dogs shit all over the yard and never picks it up and steps in it then comes and walks on MY floors.
    Anonymous

• Some of us are just neurotic neat freaks! I'm house sitting for a friends ranch for two weeks. (Almost 6,000 sq ft.) I spent all day yesterday mowing, weeding and trimming the yard. I spent today cleaning out the fridge, doing laundry, mopping and vacuming, making beds and cleaning bathrooms. I am only here to feed the dogs and horses, I am not being paid to clean or landscape or anything else. Everything else I do because I love to make things clean and beautiful. I am certifiably insane!! They will be so happy when they get back. Of course all 4 of the dogs will have been bathed and brushed out by then and I'd do the same thing to the horses if I weren't afraid of getting kicked! There are crazy peeps in the world like me. Just thought you'd like to know. :)
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 7:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• every time anyone has ever complained about the cleanliness of my house or car i tell them if it bothers them that much i'll be happy to let them clean it. i can either have everything spotless or i can have a life.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• "It was your choice to clean and we hold no obligation to you to continue cleaning. We appriciate what you've done, but if you wish to stop them please feel free to stop. I clean my home on Friday nights and my home is clean. However, whether it meets the standards of everyone else isn't my concern."
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Clean kitchen, clean bathroom,clean clothes,kids,sheets.Not always in that order.That's enough. If you were always cleaning, she would probably bitch about how you weren't spending enough time with the children.
    Sunshine007775

Answer by Sunshine007775 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• OP HERE>> Blabblermouth.. her house is MESSY..lol. so that is not her problem. thanks though. hey you want to come here though, I could use you :)
    Anonymous

• I would say "hey thanks for doing it while you did! We never expected it or wanted it. Shew now i feel better because it was troubling me just a bit"..
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2010