Why do I hate my life??

It seems like no matter what my husband does, it pisses me off. Im on zoloft but i dont think i am depressed. I just dont like my husband. I try to explain to him what makes me tick, but he just puts me on this guilt trip. I dunno what to do. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Ug, I know how you feel. Whenever I try to explain it to my SO he ends up making me feel bad for making him feel bad. Its like some sick mind game they play... I started focusing less on him and more on me. I learned that you cannot expect your DH/SO to make you happy all the time, you need to do it yourself. GL mama and I hated zoloft. Anti-anxiety meds worked really good for my so-called "depression"
    Anonymous

• Then consider doing what I tell my own children, if you don't like your life then do something to change it. Even something small. If you don't think you need meds then tell your doctor you want off and see what he says. As for dh, quit looking to him for empathy since he's obvious not going to give it. It's your life. Focus on figuring out how to obtain your life's goals, dreams and desires. You can do it and work around dh. Find others, like a group here on CM, to give you moral support for reaching your goals.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I get the exact same way! I'm off meds right now because I'm pregnant. But I have to take anti depressants JUST so I can deal with my husband!
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 7:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• lol
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 7:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• how long have you been on zoloft? if it hasnt been long please stop immediately! zoloft and all other antidepressants do not help! they only cause brain damage . i was on fluoxetine, later prozac and later zoloft until i realized all the things that were going on around me were not even changing. this drug damaged me completely. i stutter, forget stuff( i even forgot which one was my tooth brush) and ive become anti social thanks to it! your husband needs to just be patient with you. dont rely on drugs, trust me they are addictive. you are talking to someone who was addicted for a year. you are way better off without them. please try your best to not take any anti depressants!
    elliebaby

Answer by elliebaby at 7:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I agree with elliebaby, stop the pills immediately. Tell your doctor you want off. Pills don't chase away the problems. Solutions, and positive influences, and people do. I understand not everyone has stability surrounding them at all times.Some have screwed up families, or partners.The same goes for the Xanax, Alazopram.Detoxicing is involved here. I know about it all too well. Been there.I am in crappy sistuation also, but I learned to blow off like here on CM, or a good friend. Friend: a true person who doesn't run with your information, and tells it like it is to you, and only you.It will get better.Ignore whatever his game is. Start doing things for yourself. Do things that make your life easier, fun, and less stressful for yourself.Good Luck

Sunshine007775

Answer by Sunshine007775 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2010