Does anyone do freelance Notery that could give me some info

I have been looking into taking the nessisary classes to get a notery lisance so that I could legaly noterise documents for people. I have read that you could do it freelance where people come to you and pay you when they need a document noterised. Does anyone do this that could give me some info... What all does the job intail, how do you get your custemers, whats expected pay? Etc... Any information would help... I am trying to find something that I could do from home and I thought that this looked promising. Please any information would be very helpful to me THANKS SOOOO MUCH!!!!

candlefire22

Asked by candlefire22 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• I am an AZ state notary. I don't know what state your in but the total process costs me about $200. I had to pay the app fee to the state to get my Notary license and I had to get a bond to cover any mistakes I might make. I ordered the supplies through the Notary Association online. Here all I need is a record and a stamp. I get my customers through craigslist.org you can also put a magnet on your car or a sign at your house, etc. I charge $10 a stamp if they come to me and $30-50 a stamp if I go to them (depending on how far they are). You really need to follow your State laws to a 'T' though, you can get into a lot of mess making one little mistake. You also cannot (in AZ at least) notarize anything for yourself or immediate family. It is good part-time money that takes minimal effort. If you plan on living off of it, it will take a lot of advertising and a lot of working to do. GL!
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Just need a part time income just to help out a little. My hubby bust his butt full time and I just wana do something to ease his burdon a little.. Thanks so much and btw Im in California :)
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I think CA laws are probably about the same. I contacted the Secretary of State and they sent me this great info packet. If you spend 1-2 hours a day focusing on this, you can probably make 200-400 extra a month... GL!
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Not sure about CA laws but here in FL Notaries perform marriages and make great money. Just google it for your state. The official state website should come up. I've never taken classes and been a notary in two states. It should only cost you the state fees, bond fee, stamp, and supplies.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I'm not to sure about doing it as a business and making money off of it since most banks office this service for a small fee.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i am in GA no classes neened i just piad money and got mynotary from office depot.
    madcat500

Answer by madcat500 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2010