Are you pro-fastfood or anti-fastfood?

I'm neither. if it's convenient to just go out and pick up dinner, that is what I will do, but we love cook. And no i'm not afraid of the crap that's in fast food.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 6:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I"m afraid of being fat so I don't eat it. Maybe once every 3 months. My DD has never had it.
    deelite12

Answer by deelite12 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• you're not gonna get fat by eating ONE big mac. And you can stop eating when you get full.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 6:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I have better things to spend my money on than to go spend enough on a happy meal that I could've fed my entire family twice with much better food. One trip to the drive thru = admission to the zoo, or a round of mini golf, or a month + of Netflix. I'd rather spend the money there and have the energy to use them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Fast food is a rare occurrence for us because we all feel like crap after we eat it. We are lucky to live in Burgerville-land so that's not so bad. If we leave N Oregon to visit the fam in S. Oregon and eat fast food, it's intestinal DOOM!

Burgerville is sustainable-based fast food in Portland/ Vancouver area. Everything is locally sourced and there is a seasonal special every month. Deep fried asparagus and WallaWalla onion rings are my favorites!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• my hubby works at the bk lounge. lol so i get to try stuff from there as it comes out. that's really the extent of our fast food. but he eats it atleast once a day. he is 6' 4" and about 150 lbs. far from fat!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I'm neither. We eat it a lot because it's easy, but I am trying to do more cooking.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 6:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I'm middle of the road. When we're out and about and need to eat, hey, we need to eat! But when we're at home, there's no option (tiny town, 20 miles to the nearest fast food joint). I love to cook, but I like to grab a burger & fries too once in a while!
    Anonymous

• I like fast food and I will go out and get it if I 1. have nothing to make or 2. just don't feel like cooking.
    I know better then to believe that eating fast food on occassion will make you obses though. I know that fast food, just as anything in excess will make you obses. That is why I'm not Anti-Fast Food, because I know how to control myself. I also know that when I get fast food I only get what I'm able to eat. That way no food is wasted and I'm not overeating.

However, we prefer to stay home and cook our own meals. It is convenient though when we don't want to.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• We will do it if there is a reason.... but I wouldnt use it as an actual meal.

It is just as easy to order from a real restaurant and go pick it up. It taste better and isnt as fattening.

Anonymous

• About twice a month on a rainy day I'll take the kids to Mcdonald's, the one near me has a great play area where they can burn off some steam. They love the chicken nuggets and fries, of course, who wouldn't, lol. I'm on the everlasting diet so I get their santa fe salad, I think its called, with grilled chicken and low fat dressing, its actually really good! If not dieting nothing would please me more than a giant fresh gooey bic mac, but sadly, just looking at one does, in fact, make me fat...sigh. So, I'm not pro and not anti either. I'm against eating it several times a week, but once in a while, its fine.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2010