driving the non-driving teen.

I made a light hearted post about keeping track on the odometer of how much you drive during the summer and got to surprising responces.... which makes me wonder:

Do you drive your non-driving teen around during the summer?
Do you have busing in your area that your non-driving teen can use?
Do you have places that your non-driving teen can ride a bike to?

What kinds of activites does your non-driving teen particapate in during the summer and how does he/she get there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Mine gets a monthly bus pass so i can not drive her around. She goes to the library and we have memberships for the zoo and Childrens' Museum that she can go to on her own. Otherwise she goes to spend time with her friends at their homes, the mall, where ever.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• just re-read my post... sorry for the spelling.
    OP
    Anonymous

• Do you drive your non-driving teen around during the summer? Only at night. Do you have busing in your area that your non-driving teen can use? Buses and trains Do you have places that your non-driving teen can ride a bike to? Plenty What kinds of activites does your non-driving teen particapate in during the summer and how does he/she get there? Volunteer work; walking or bus; babysitting; walking or bike riding; overnight camp: a long bus ride.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• My 15 y/o is very busy with her friends and she is also with sports so I am her taxi!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Yes, I drive my daughter to the mall, movies, friends house, sleepovers, martial arts classes, and my son to All Stars baseball 6 days a week and to his friends, and most of the above places with his sister. My daughter turns 16 in a couple of weeks and will start driver's ed, but it'll be at east 4 months until she can get her license. I would much rather drive them around to activities than have them home on computers and such...but when we are home, we are often in the pool....and many times friends are over.
    We have no buses or other public transportation here, but we do take advantage of carpooling with other parents.
    It takes a village....
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I just put my DD in drivers ed last night, may God help us all lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:43 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• same as a few others,,,she has a monthly bus pass with brother
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jun. 23, 2010