what could be the cause of my late period?

i am 16 years old, i have only been sexually active since mid april, my last period was april 25 and it ended 5 days later on may 1st. I've had unprotected sex only once since my last period which was in mid may. other than that i use birth control such as condoms. i am now about 22 days late. i've took at least 8 pregnancy test and all have come out negative. i get dizzy spells, and very sore breasts, at times cramps but mostly back aches. i am gaining weight and eating excessively and am very bloated.

elliebaby

Asked by elliebaby at 6:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I say you are pregnant. Call your gynecologist and tell them you would like a blood test.

Anonymous

• i cant call a gynecologist because its a confidential matter i would rather not let my parents find out about. do you know of any other way i can get a blood test?
    elliebaby

Answer by elliebaby at 6:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• You can call your local free clinic or maybe a pregnancy center. Most towns have them. Look in the yellow pages or just call the Dr's office (ask to speak to a nurse) to get a number...they probably give out numbers like that everyday.

Tell them you are looking for a free anonymous test they can guide you on where to go in your area.
    Anonymous

• go to planned parent hood! :) they are confidential an free if you dont have much of an income!! good luck!
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 7:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• this happens to my daughter (almost 19) alot... she has always had very heavy and painful periods and has been late, skipped, etc. and has had symptoms most would interpret as pregnancy. she has other female problems that no one has been able to properly diagnose as well - things appear to be hormonal based on a couple other things, but doctors often don't know how to look at the whole picture or figure things out unless they have been trained which pill to prescribe.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• thanks (: at times i think its the stress of thinking and wondering if i am pregnant. i am usually a heavy cycler and i do get very painful periods. But most of the time i am very consistent with a 35 day cycle, never have i been this late.
    elliebaby

Answer by elliebaby at 7:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I agree with the Planned Parenthood option but i honestly think you should speak to your parents, at least your mother.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 9:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I agree with the Planned Parenthood option. If that doesn't turn up anything, I would talk to your mom & see about getting in with a gyno.
    BTW, I skip when I am really stressed. Been like that since I started.
    Good luck :)
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 3:30 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Be careful, and go to your parent, and have them help you find a good OBGYN. I know you may be scared, but they ca help you, and please choose life if you are, so many people would adopt if keeping the child is not possile! I had my son at 17, so I cn empathize! I hope the best for you, and prayers are with you!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2010