What do you keep all of your emergency supplies in?

I am putting together an emergency preparedness kit and am looking at all this stuff and it is a lot: clothes, water, cat food, cans of food etc. Maybe I should put it all in a suitcase or one of those big plastic tubs- something easy to grab and carry out. Where do you put all of your supplies?

katie23

Asked by katie23 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have friends that use 5 gallon buckets with the lids. They seal pretty good, so keep moisture & bugs out, but they're not totallly waterproof if you need that.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• We have two, 72 hour kits by the front door in a cedar chest. They aren't in sight, but they're convinient and handy in case we have to get out of our home ASAP. We also have foodstorage in our basement and emergency preparedness supplies down there as well in case of a tornado. (central IL).
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2010