Who Raises Thier Kids Based on Bilical Principles?

I am looking for parenting tips based on biblical principles. I feel convicted in this area of parenting and I would love to hear some tips on raising Jesus loving, God fearing children. I have children at different stages of life- girls ages 14 & 4.5, and a newborn boy- 4 months.

Thanks for reading & God Bless! =o)

natural.mama

Asked by natural.mama at 7:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've always raised my kids based on my rules and experiences. Suits us just fine.
    Anonymous

• The best thing to do is be an example. If you pray each night and have them pray with you then they will pray when they're older. If you read your bible/scriptures and read with them, they will read on their own. You have to practice what you preach, be compassionate, loving, open minded, and have a testimony of Jesus Christ that you bare often to your children.
    Anonymous

• To train up a child- by debbi and michael pearl
    The power of a Praying parent-by stormie omartian
    and Dr.Sears has a wonderful book on christian parenting.
    but the best thing you can do is lead by example. Pray with your children, go to church, read the bible,talk about God in everything you do.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• To train up a child.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• We do. You can also read 'Love And Respect'. It is geared towards a husband/wife but if your relationship is grounded in faith and truth then you are bound to rub off on the kids too.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Nope. I was raised that way, and frankly, I love my kids to much to do that to them! Plus, I'm Pagan...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Christians believe in beating their children (aka spanking)...do you really want do that?
    Anonymous

• We try to but it's not always easy in this day and age. Thing is is that there is more than one way to look at what the Bible says when it comes to raising children. Some are called to raise their children in a way that is punishment based. This goes more into the whole "spare the rod, spoil the child" thing that some Christians may talk about. Others are called to raise their children in a way that they feel that Jesus would preach. Someone has already mentioned some information that's geared more towards the former but for the latter, you can find websites such as Gentle Christian Mothers and others. So really, I guess it all depends on your beliefs, what you feel that the Bible is saying regarding teaching your children and how. A big thing to remember, I think, it to teach by example because I don't know many kids who can't see through the hypocrisy of their parents. Children do learn by what they see.
    Simply_Janeen

Answer by Simply_Janeen at 9:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Ridiculous. Christians do not believe in beating or spanking their children. That whole spare the rod spoil the child thing does not neccessarily refer to spanking. It means any form of discipline parents choose. And spanking does not equal beating you moron.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Nope. I was raised that way, and frankly, I love my kids to much to do that to them! Plus, I'm Pagan..."

Just because you're Pagan doesn't mean that Christian principles are wrong. You can teach Christian principles without being a Christian. You don't have to teach them from the Bible to teach the basic value of love that the Bible encompasses.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:00 AM on Jun. 22, 2010