Best month to go to Disney in Flordia?

We are wanting to take our girls in a few years but are just thinking ahead right now. We are wanting to go on the off season when it's not so hot or busy. I have tried to find out on the actual disney site but I can't find anything about when the off season is.

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 7:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Travel

• As a resident of Orlando, I would definitely NOT recommend Feb to mid April, or any holiday. October and late April to early May are good. The lines are shorter. Remember that Canadian spring break, bike week and race week overlap college spring break and then east coast April vacation. We always have company at the end of April and it's always great. The weather is not great in August or January... i's thunderstorming and humid in the summer and it can be cold in January. Good luck!
    flgirl01

Answer by flgirl01 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I would say February-April or September-November but make sure it is a week day. Kids are in school and the weather is great, lines are very short and it is just plain great. I live in Florida and have experienced Disney at just about every time of the year.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 8:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• You are so smart in thinking about this trip early, it is actually much more complex then you would ever think. A little planning goes a long way when you are considering a Walt Disney World vacation. I'm a travel professional and what you want to look for is what Disney calls it's Value season, this indicates the least expensive times of year and in other words "off season". If you want to schedule your trip around the best weather and price try to hit October through February checking the Value season dates usually before presidents day. Also for best pricing book at least 9 months in advance and book with a travel agent who specializes in Disney only vacations, they will not only make all your travel arrangements, but usually your dining reservations and ask if they will reduce your vacation price to what ever promotions come up out along the way.
    TripWitt

Answer by TripWitt at 9:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Mid September is an awesome time to go to Disney World. The weather is still hot enough to swim in the pools at the resorts, but the lines are non-existent. We went last Sept 11th for my birthday and there was literally no one there. We were able to stay on Thunder Mountain for multiple rides because there was no one waiting to get on. Normally we wait 20-45 minutes for the ride. I have heard that January is good too ( I haven't been, I'm not a cold weather person).
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Jan-Feb or in Oct. Short lines, not hot. They usually offer locals really good deals in those months since others don't normally go at that time. Look for "locals" deals even if you are not a local. It should give exact dates. I love going there in Oct. The winter months should be good as well but not much swimming going on!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• february. it's between 75 and 85 degrees and it's not crowded
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• We went mid may, it was a great experience, short lines, and we got to experience the whole park, it was a blast!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• October or February.

It rains a lot in the Summer months.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• thanks girls!!
    baby1love

Comment by baby1love (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2010