how do i get through to him :/ ?

we've been together for six months, but to this day his best friend annoys the crap out of me! he's so loud and abnoxious and all he talks about his girls! how he's a wannabe player and how he tells them all he's a virgin just to get into their pants. he tells me we cant go to the beach because im too fat and i wont float! he insults me when we go out to eat and says he knows ima eat the whole restaurant! and if we drive some where he gets shot gun next to my man instead of offering me the seat! if we have plans he interfears and calls every 5 minutes and just bugs me! my boyfriend says he does'nt want to be mean but please!!!!!!!!! come on now! i deserve my place! sometimes my boyfriend leaves me hanging to go out with him to the movies or to go out to eat! he says im mean because his bff has nothing against me but i have something against him! what do i do?

elliebaby

Asked by elliebaby at 7:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Honestly, the problem is your boyfriend. When my dh and I started dating he was a major party guy, he hung out with his friends constantly. The moment I came into his life though, that all changed. He made lots of time for me and my dd from a previous marriage. He did family things with us all of the time, he even let me nap and made Playdoh cakes with my dd to pass the time lol. When we would hang out with his friends as a couple, I always got shotgun and there is no way he would have ever put up with them calling me names. It's a BIG lack of respect and love for you on your boyfriends part. You said that you've already talked to him, it may be time to call it quits.

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 7:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• You need to sit down with your SO and figure out a way for you to have time with him with out the BFF interfering.

Answer by louise2 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I would sit your boyfriend down and say that who he chooses to be friends with says alot about his morals and his values. That who you date says alot about your morals and values. That you hope you two are a match but it doesnt seem that way.

Then see where he goes with that.

Honestly it says a TON about your boyfriend that he accepts this sort of behavior and chooses to be around it. THAT woudl worry me!

Anonymous

• so a crazy ex and an ass hole best friend? dump him. it's only been 6 months, find someone worth your time.
    Anonymous

• OMG... I didnt realize this was the same gal.

HOLY HECK girl. Stop dating him. And I would suggest you not date again until you learn how to pick 'em.
    Anonymous

• Oh man girl I hate to say it but I agree the real problem here is your boyfriend. By not "being mean" to his bff he IS being mean to you. I think its time to walk away.
    Anonymous

• NO man should put up with their "FRIEND" calling their girl names and saying the things he does to you. He needs to man up to his friend and tell him to show you respect or boot the friend out the door. If he's not willing to do that, then you need to boot HIM out the door. No matter WHAT the situation, NO ONE should be talked to like that. What the heck happened to treat a lady? I dont' mind when my dh does an occasional thing with his friend - they were friends before I ever came along. But he spends almost all of his time with his family and only occasionally goes out for a beer and some pool. That is just what a grown up relationship is about and he needs to grow up.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2010