how much do you put away each month for retirement?

college?
general savings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nothing, we can hardly make enough to pay bills and get food. I don't believe anyone who was born after the 60's is ever going to have a retirement. My father is retired and still has to work. He had what everyone would consider a great job with great benefits. He saved for retirement, was very frugal, never wasted. Yet, here he is working into his golden years.
    Anonymous

• No clue on the retirement. My husband does that through his work.
    We have nothing for colleges and don't plan to and we usually don't have anything left over at the end of the month for savings.
    We're the working poor. We're just happy to make ends meet at the end of the month.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• We each put 6% of our salary into retirement. We also put $150 each pay period (every two weeks) in savings through direct deposit.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• DH puts 15% into his 410k and I did the same before I became a sahm. we also put $250 a month into a mutual fund thru direct deposit.
    Anonymous

• hubby is military so we have a 401K. We do not have a savings, but we have trust funds for the kids, and bonds for college for them :)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2010