Should i pre boil my bell peppers before i stuff them and cook in oven?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, definitely, or they will be too crunchy. Put them in boiling water for about 5 mins.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• add some salt to the water according to my recipe too, just like two pinches.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• op here- thanks ladies, i thought so you had to do that. but i couldnt find a recipe online to tell me to do that
    Anonymous

• I never have. I just stuff them, pour the tomato soup/water mixture over the top and they come out very tender. I do stuff them with raw meat if that makes a difference. I don't know. Never heard of boiling them first.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• kimberly, I bet that does make a difference, your cooking time is probably much longer with raw meat (never heard of doing that)....I stuff my peppers with fully cooked filling, and they bake about 35 mins which is not enough time for the peppers to get soft enough.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• DEFINITELY! Otherwise they'll be too crunchy. I learned that the hard way..... :-(
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• lol, yep...that must be it gramsmom. Scince I stuff them with raw meat I do cook them for about a good hour. I also cut them in half length wise so they are smaller too. The dh taught me how to make them and I would never question the kitchen master, LOL. j.k :) He used to be a chef so I just follow his rules.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Yummy.. I want some :) Thanks for the tips
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 12:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2010