Obama tells Senator Kyl why he won't protect our borders

So Senator Kyl goes to the President and tries to talk about the border and illegal immigration. He tells him Americans will be more apt to go along with some of his amnesty plans if he is shown to be serious about CLOSING the borders. That sounds logical to me. Many people don't thiunk Obama will close the borders in an immigration reform bill.
Obama says to him That he can't close the borders because if he does they won't have any way to get Republicans to help out with his (amnesty) comprehensive bill.
Our President is trying to hold border control hostage.

Sounds like the old Chicago way to me. I say the Republicans have this one in the bag. I say no to anything the President has to say because he can't be trusted to keep his word.
What do you think about this exchange.
I didn't post a link because it is a utube video and you always get complaints when you link those. If you want to know you can google it

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the President is in violation of his Oath of Office to uphold the Constitution. One of his jobs is to secure our borders, and he is point blank refusing to do it.

And, to anyone who wants to call Kyl a liar, all I say is this -- Obama can do one thing to prove Kyl a liar. He can immediately secure the border.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• fantastic. hope and change my rear end.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I saw this all over the news this afternoon. And of course the press sec'y dude (not Gibbs) said oh no, he did not say any such thing. Well, HE wasn't there! Sen Kyl doesn't have a history of exaggerating, or lying. So I totally believe Kyl over Obama or any of his minions. O is arrogant enough that he thinks that he can just say he didn't say whatever, and everyone will believe him. Well, he has lied too many times before. Where are the Nat Guard troops that he said would be sent to the border? Hmmm? They are needed desperately, and he just doesn't seem to be in any hurry to do anything about it. I really hope that his amnesty plan gets nixed.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• LOL..how stupid.

Please show me when they WERE protected?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

•  O is arrogant enough that he thinks that he can just say he didn't say whatever, and everyone will believe him

and Kyl isn't because he THINKS he can just say something WAS said and everyone will believe him??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• He said he wasn't going to do things the Washington, D.C. way. He is doing things the Chicago politics way.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Like I said, sweet, Kyl does not have a history or reputation for exaggerating things, or for lying. I have no reason to not believe him. So, of the two, I believe what HE said. Not knowing either man personally, that is the best I can do, go with their reputation.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Obama and his admin have lied countless times, Senator Kyl hasn't, that I am aware of...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• The story was on AP this afternoon. Honestly...I think protecting our borders winds up being a joke unless we go all Berlin Wall and SHOOT people for trying to cross illegally. And I really don't think we want to go there...we'd be as wrong as the Israelis were in raiding an aid ship.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:11 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• More B.S. Give me a break.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jun. 22, 2010