Doing a camping-in-the-backyard-sleep over birthday party for our 7&10 yr. old...any suggestions on activities??? PIOG

We are on a TIGHT budget, so we desided each of our boys could invite 1 friend for a sleepover.
We're gonna do a camping theme, and sleep in a tent in the backyard, have a fire for smores, and catch fire flies.....but what are some other activities that might be camping related? Any ideas, mamma's ??? :-)

Nynne

Asked by Nynne at 8:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• go to the library and get a book about ghost stories? or campfire stories? cook hot dogs on a stick. scavenger hunt? squirt guns? nerf gun target practice? im not feeling so creative tonight. it sounds like it will be a great time!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Have the kids bring an old pellow case to play race w/sacks.
    Escavencher hunt?

I know, I know, English is not my Mother language but I'm trying!
    GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!
    Anonymous

• Jack light! All you need is some flashlights, dark, and a rudimentary understanding of the rules of "tag". Whoever is in the beam of light is "tagged". Young kids love it.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• ghost stories, star gazing....find the little dipper ect....
    prettyhipmom

Answer by prettyhipmom at 8:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Thank you all sooo much :-)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 9:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2010