Toddler B'day party. Envite friends and their MOMMIES too?

Hi, I am planing a B'day party for my 3 and my 4 year old, I'm thinking of enviting my friends and thier kids, I also thought to envite my kids little friends in the block but I woun't have anough $ to also attend the mommys too, so would it be rude if I was to send an envite to the kids only but not to the mom & dad?

I thought B'days should only be your closest friends and your childs friends too, would I do right be enviting only the kids??? WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think if the kids are only 3 and 4 that they may be too young to attend a party without their parent.... but whatever you do, definitely be specific, we got an evite for our daughter's friend's party that was sent to my husband's email address and it does not indicate if we are to drop her, stay with her, if we are all invited (my younger son too) or what. We don't want to be rude and drop her and expect them to watch her, but we also don't want to show up somewhere that we aren't invited, kwim?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Some people are weird about drop off parties at such a young age. I think it best to do only the number of people you can afford.

If your kids want to have a cake only party for the neighbors that would be fine. But for the actual party only do what you can afford.

Anonymous

• i'd invite the parents too, but only because I wouldnt want to take care of 3 and 4 yr olds. not all are potty trained
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I would not allow my 3 and 4 year old to attend a party w/out me unless it were a VERY close friend or family member! I actually have both a 3 and 4 year old also! You have to invite the parents!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't leave my 3 or 4 year old at a birthday party without my supervision and I wouldn't expect any other mothers to at my kids birthday party. I have never heard of a drop-off pary at that age. If you cannot afford the parents of the kids you are inviting, you either need to scale back what you are doing or scale back the number of kids you are inviting.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• for 3 and 4 year olds, that it too young to invite them to a party without their parents, maybe if they were 8 or older, but not 3 and 4. I would never let my 3 and 4 year old go to a party at some one's house without me, whether I knew them or not, but especially if I didn't know them.

Nicksgirl419212

Answer by Nicksgirl419212 at 3:12 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I wouldn't drop my daughter off at age 3 or 4 at a party. Why would I trust that some other mother is going to be able to adequately look after 10-20 toddlers. Where is the venue? If you can't afford to invite them, offer to let them pay to get themselves in. Or are you just talking about not being able to afford cake for everyone? Don't be offended if people say no if you do it this way, I would definitely say no. Also, if you sent a bday invite to my 4-year-old, I would ASSUME I was welcome too. So, you are going to have to spell out that you don't want them coming.
    MarlaMomma

Answer by MarlaMomma at 11:31 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Invite the parents without a doubt! 3 & 4 is way too young to be left without a parent IMO.
    Anonymous