When to ditch the bouncy seat?

My dd is well under the weight limit for her bouncy seat, she's 13 pounds and the limit is 25 pounds, but she keeps sitting herself up straight in it. She is a great solo sitter. Is this a clue that it's time to stop using her bouncy? Or is it ok to keep using it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I took my son out when he could sit straight up. He sat so far forward that he flipped over onto his face. He was about 4 and a half months and about 15 pounds. Nowhere near the max but since he could flip it, it couldnt be trusted.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 9:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• i think its when they can sit up. mine never liked bouncers
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• sure you can keep using it, but it sounds like your LO has outgrown it. Move on to the next step-mastering rolling over on a playmat, grabbing toys, or using a jumperoo to strengthen legs.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 8:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• If she 's watched and happy. Still safe in it and amused and making her Happy. I'd say its okay! I wish I had one for Lillian she's 9 mos. old. Not sitting or crawling yet... She's too pampered. Good luck! Enjoy making memories..
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• op- She's almost 6 months old, and is an expert roller, has no problems grasping toys and transferring them hand to hand, and absolutely loves her jumper. she is currently trying to crawl and has the hands and knees rock down really well. I just use the bouncy when I need to take a shower, do the dishes, or something else that I need both hands for.
    Anonymous

• I nixed it when they could sit up on their own about 5 months

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• When they can sit themselves up in it they need to be out. The instructions state this.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I threw away the box a long time ago and all the website said was 25 pounds :)
    Anonymous