One in every three???

That seems like a staggering statistic to me, and to know that it is probably worse then that because most cases go unreported.
So, did you know that one third of girls in the US will experience sexual abuse before she turns 18??
Did you know that sexual abuse wasn't even acknowledged as a crime until the 1970s?

Why aren't more people screaming for the safety of our children!!!??? And if you think our boys are safe, think again. One in every 6 boys are abused before the age of 18.

Sexual abuse can cause PTSD, insomnia, drug addiction, eating disorders, sex addiction, anxiety, self-mutilation, depression and more!!

Please be the voice for those who cannot speak or are too afraid. We can DO something about this.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Save-the-life-Megan-Roland-Haleigh/109108355784928?ref=ts

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 8:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• It would happen alot less if more people would open their eyes... I always hear "not my (fill in the blank), they would never do that! I know them very well"..... Just because you raised an amazing son does not mean he does not have a little twist in head sexually that makes him want young girls
    Well its someones Father, Mother, Brother, Uncle, Friend, God parents doing it!!
    Rape/Molesting usually comes from within the "circle of trust"... It is usually not a total stranger that seen you in the mall (it happens but alot more rare)... We teach our kids not to talk to strangers, not to get alone with people we dont know & so on, but we dont think twice about shipping them around to different family members & friends...
    "uncle jimmy just adores our little max & buys him so much since his father isnt around. Jimmy is like his dad" ..... No- Hes buying your sons secrecy & blinding you! (not saying its always true. just example
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Sorry but this is more of a vent and political editorial not a question for this forum. Maybe you should put it in your homepage journal.
    Anonymous

• Parents are still allowed to strike innocent children...why is no one saying anything about THAT? Women are protected from domestic abuse, but the most vulnerable of us all-children-are not protected.
    Anonymous

• There are plenty of questions in there anon. Get over it and move on. or answer the questions.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Are you speaking of spanking? ...hmmm. perhaps it's because spanking hasn't been proven to cause PTSD, insomnia, anxiety, depression, self-mutilation, drug addiction ....
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• http://www.antirape.co.za/   Have you seen this?

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• No.
    But i've seen RAINN and i've seen girlthrive.com
    But that doesn't explain why no one is doing anything about abusers sentencing to 6 months in jail (if that) and a couple years probation.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Click small image to display it here

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I'm honestly not shocked by this at all. I was raped at 15, my sister was molested by an uncle, my best friend from HS, was raped when she was a teen, another friend was molested by her step dad... Point is, I'm not at all surprised!

The one thing that I will say, and this won't win me any points, I'm sure, is that a great many of those are not actually abuse they way they sound... Those numbers include things like "sexting" and underage yet consensual sex... So chances are they aren't 100% accurate as to what we think of when we think "sexual abuse"

And anon 9:04 - you seem to be saying more than enough, why should anyone else have to? Spanking is not illegal - rape, incest, molestation... these are crimes and horrid at that... Go make your own post!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Anti-rape condom. It sticks on with hooks and cannot be removed except by a doctor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2010