Is there a way to choose the sex of your baby naturally?

DH and I are TTC and we really want a girl. We have two boys already and, while we would be perfectly happy with a third, our family feels like it's missing something without a girl. I have read all the old wives tales online and am a little skeptical. Does anyone know if any of them actually works? Or has anyone had any experience with this and succeeded?

kassifur22

Asked by kassifur22 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• No. You can't choose your baby's sex without some very expensive genetic altering medical treatments...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• adoption.
    Anonymous

• yes you can but you'd need to pay to have your eggs removed and then your husbands sperm would need to be filtered to isolate all the x chromosome sperm and that would garuntee a girl however it's not worth it to pay that much money just to choose the sex of your baby
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Yes you can, its not 100% effective but it increases your odds for one or the other. Its way too long for me to explain it so I found this web page that does.

http://www.articlesbase.com/babies-articles/choose-sex-of-baby-shallow-or-deep-penetration-1113109.html

I actually believed it worked for me, I have a boy and now I'm pregnant with a girl, just like we wanted :) But it could have been just luck too lol
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• http://www.justmommies.com/ovulation-calendar.shtml  Try this, it gives you a time to try so your chances are a little higher. Not definite, but, higher.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• jess it was luck because you can't do a magic trick to make one sperm faster than the other. it was pure coincidence
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Its been proven that male sperm are faster but weaker, and females are slower but stronger... its not a magic trick. Did you not read the whole thing or something? I'm not saying its 100% effective, I'm just saying it Increases the odds. It wouldn't hurt for her to try it anyway, unless she really wants to undergo expensive genetic altering.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• "Its been proven that male sperm are faster but weaker, and females are slower but stronger... its not a magic trick. "
    The article says it is a proven technique however where are the citations showing what research was done, who did it, what were the results. I don't buy it. It is luck. You can't choose or make it happen. People believe in these things because sometimes they "work" because there are only 2 options so your chances are 50/50.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• "unless she really wants to undergo expensive genetic altering"
    Or how about having a baby to have a baby not being so determined to have a specific gender. Just be happy with whatever you have.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Google the Shettles Method. You can tip the odds in your favor, although you have to be really sure about what's going on in your body and when. It's easier to try for a boy than for a girl.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2010