Scholarships based on race...

Someone asked about race based scholarships in one of my groups and I said that I have refused them because those are my values and how I was raised. I was told I needed new values if I was still "uneducated and broke." I do have two degrees but I do not have a job. I have not found one since I graduated (except walmart). I do not feel like I am any better then someone with less education ...so I am just not sure what she is getting at. Am I a horrible brown person because I do not want any type of aid based on my race?

Brickhouse95

Asked by Brickhouse95 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, you are awesome. I don't believe they should have any race based anything, I think it promotes racism. I think if your good enough to go to college then you should be able to receive any scholarship there is.
    Anonymous

i agree
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• No. I don't think aid should be given away based on race it should be based on income.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 9:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• clapping

MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• no she is an idiot. it is not easy to do it on your own and i am proud of you for trying
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• No you are a woman with strong values and you should be applauded for refusing aid based on your race. I don't believe financial aid of any kind for school should be based on race alone. Every race - including white people have been put through prejudices throughout the evolution of civilization. For example the Irish were treated like crap, and endured horrible atrocities when they emigrated to the United States - especially Irish Catholics but you won't see me be offered any scholarships because past generations of my family struggled in this country.

Anonymous

• Everything you get in life should be worked for, so I truly applaud your attitude. Nothing should be given for just being what you were born as.
    elemental713

Answer by elemental713 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I am biracial but still qualify I refuse to take them as well.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Okay the post was deleted by the admins...I guess they thought I was going to answer her again with a attitude! I have more class then to act ignorant like that.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2010