My son still has a flat spot on his head. He just turned 4. My pediatrician told me not to worry it round out. Now that I notice there are lots of older kids with flat spots, which leads me to believe it won't round out. Has anybody had a child with a flat spot improve over time? Or not improve?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i'm surprised he did not get a helmet as a baby ~ that is usually what they do for 6 to 12weeks and this helps round the babies head ~ depending on how bad it is i would go see a new doctor ~
    BoundHearts

Answer by BoundHearts at 9:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Was he suctioned out? My cousin was and he still has a flat spot. You can't really see it because he has puffy hair but if he got his head shaved it would be totally obvious. He is 7. The doctors also told my aunt that it would disappear.
    Anonymous

• my son has a flat spot on the back of his head and two lumps that we refer to as his horns on his crown from 2 hematomas he had when he was born. He is going to be 3 soon and I can definately still notice the imperfections. However I am his mother so i am more likely to notice everything. Everyone else seems to think head looks more round. I just notice that it's getting bigger :) It is what it is though maybe I could have done more when he was an infant to shape it but I think it's too late at this point
    CLewis1226

Answer by CLewis1226 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Some children's head are naturally flat in the back. If it is naturally like that there is nothing you can do except maybe plastic surgery, which IMO, is going too far.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2010