whats up with all the troll name calling?! i have never heard any calling any one a troll before! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Welcome to the internet, enjoy your stay

What Is A Troll?

The term derives from "trolling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The troll posts a message, often in response to an honest question, that is intended to upset, disrupt or simply insult the group.

Usually, it will fail, as the troll rarely bothers to match the tone or style of the group, and usually its ignorance shows.

Trolls: A Guide

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• NP: I didn't know there was a troll guide. That is almost funny it wasn't so sad.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• yup a troll is a sh*t starter! someone who posts messages in order to start an argument or to plain be mean
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I didn't know there was a troll guide.

There's actually more than one - that's just the most work safe of them all. The first one came out years and years ago back when it was still BBS instead of internet.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• a troll is basicaly someone who tries to piss other people off and start drama.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Trolls also answer posts as anon, and think of the meaniest thing to say to the poster to hurt her feelings. I dont know why they get a kick out of it, but they do.
    Anonymous

• Wow there is a guide for Trolls. I learned something new tonight. Thanks.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Anonymous

• If a CM'er doesn't like the question a anon asks or her answer. She is automatically a ((Troll))

Anonymous

• You are correct on the definition but I would like to point out that I have been accused of trolling before when I was just sharing my honest opinion. I was attacked personally, my life, my family and my looks were insulted, I was called a sick beotch and told to go kill myself. I didn't realize that just answering somebody's question honestly could cause all that disdain. I was not the one being mean and hateful. I never called anybody ignorant or stupid. I never made fun of anybody's looks. Some people just get really insulted when you dare to disagree with them. Just for the record, it really hurt my feelings but now I have a thicker skin and I dare to stand by my opinion if I honestly feel it's justified.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 1:07 AM on Jun. 22, 2010