How do i ween my toddlar off his bottle??

my son is 21 months old and his bottle is his security thing that helps him sleep at night. My son knows how to use a sippy and uses it fine at meals but at bed time he screams untill we get him his bottle we tried giving him the sippy but will just throw it. he starting to get ear infections so i know we have to get rid of it any ideas?

mad_ct_mom

Asked by mad_ct_mom at 9:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try givin' him other things 2 sleep with...it worked for me and my sisters.
    Anonymous

• Tell him those bottles are bad for you. Start by taking all the bottles out of the house putting them in a box. Tell him you are going to give them to Mommies who can not get bottles for their babies. Simply take them and donate them all. Let him help you pack them up.
    Once they are out of the house. Tell him good job. All the little babies who's mothers need them will have them now. Then tell him he was such a big boy and give him a special match box car. Telling him this replaces the bottle because he is a big boy now and this is what big boys use. Hopefully he won't throw it at you at bed time because that smarts. Ouch.
    Good luck let us know how it works--remember there is no replacement for quick thinking on your feet.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I just got rid of the bottles and just gave him a sippy.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• i would get rid of all the bottles thought of that but i just had another baby last week and if i do that hes gonna wonder why his baby brother has bottles hes already taken is brothers bottles tried drinking from it but didnt like the formula too much.
    mad_ct_mom

Answer by mad_ct_mom at 10:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I would say that there is your answer. Bottles are for babies, for formula. He is not a baby and he does not like formula. Put formula in it, he doesn't like it, won't drink it, no longer will want the bottle.
    Anonymous

• Throw the bottles away. Quit giving them to him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jun. 22, 2010