My baby was chooen to be in The 2010 Edition of "The most beautiful babies in america...IS THIS A SCAM??? PLEASE HELP? It sure does sound like one to me!

They are constantly emailing me and now they are calling trying to get me to purchuse a $80 book that SUPPOSE to have her picture i nside...When i try to call the num ber bac k it doesnt even ring it just play music and no one ever pick up

SweetThang888

Asked by SweetThang888 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes. If they say they have a book with your daughter's photo in it that they want YOU to pay for, it's a scam? I used to enter poems into a contest only to find out it was a scam. They would send me the exact same thing, telling me it will be published in a book and if I want to see it I will have to pay $80.00 for it. It was b.s.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 10:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Well did you put her in a pageant or anything like that? Did you send her picture out for a contest recently? Unless you can reach someone at the office, I would not go forward with this. Sounds like a scam if you didnt enter anything.
    Anonymous

• Yes I entered her in a photo contest like a week in a half ago....I did send them one picture of her....the phone does not even ring it just play music and no one ever answer...THANK YOU MOMS u been a wonderful help!
    SweetThang888

Answer by SweetThang888 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Sounds like a big scam to me!
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I know it Really does sound like a scam...I wonder how m any moms have ran into this SCAM??
    SweetThang888

Answer by SweetThang888 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• yes, my mil entered my dd and they send her junk all the time. They want her to buy a book with DD pic in it also, so I guess anyone that enters wins!
    Anonymous

• SCAM! First of all, if you're chosen to be in something that is lagit, then you wouldn't have to buy anything.
    It's the same as pictures.com and poetry.com .. They try to get you to purchase something and say they want to publish your work, but it is a scam. All a scam.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Yep Scam, but I'm sure you're baby is really beautiful! :)
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Anything in which you have to PAY - SCAM!!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• It's a scam. My mother once had a poem published in one of those books and she was all excited. I tried to explain it to her but she bought the book. Chances are you will get a book with the picture in it if you really want it. They print them up cheaply then sell them for big bucks so it's not illegal, just unethical.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2010