Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child support

does any one know wat you got to do to get the father of your baby on child support cuz hes a no good rotten son of a gun im not here to be judge so if your gonna put something rude dnt even put it im tired of people judge in me and they dnt even know me so only help ful comments

Answer Question

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 7 (206 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • look up the department of social services website for your state
    you can get the number for the child support office and call and ask them to mail you an application.
    then fill it out and send it back. they will mail you a letter for an appointment to go over your application and then you will wait for a court date.
    it took a couple months from the time i mailed the application in to the hearing date.
    good luck.
    but most likely he will either not show up or he won't pay at all .. mine doesn't pay at all.

    this is how it was for Louisiana .. e-mail me if you have more questions.

    Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

  • Do not go through Social Services they will fuck you over big time! Either go straight through a family lawyer or go through child support agency itself. But just because you file doesn't guarantee you will receive anything nor does it guarantee he will be arrested, fined, or punished in any way even if he doesn't pay. Sad as that is.

    Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 10:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

  • Turn it over to the State CS dept and NEVER give up. Harass them if you must but never stop contacting them to find out about the status of your case. Depending on your income they may charge up to $25 a year but that's not awful compared to private attorney fees. Nowadays they do better about going after the guy and he can lose his license at the very least. Most guys need that to go to work! Mine didn't pay at all thinking once our kids reached 18 he was free and clear but I surprised him. My kids are in their 30's now and I'm just now getting it. Unfortunately for her, his wife has to pay it but it's being paid.

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

  • Go to the child support agency in your county and have a case opened.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.