At what age do kids need their own rooms?

I just saw another post and it reminded me... where can I find out: At what age do kids need their own rooms in the state of Nevada?
How can I find this out? I've been looking everywhere and I have found no answers. What is the law called? Where should I look?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• They may not if they are true siblings and not step, foster, or adopted.
    And if they are same sex siblings - they don't need separate rooms.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• You could call the cps people and ask them. They'd be the ones taking the kids for breaking the law so they should be able to answer it. Or the local state police non-emergency number. It's who I called with a car seat question. I figured they'd be writting the ticket and could tell.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• lol,,,I dont think there is a law for this. Wow, when my ex went to jail for domestic violence, we lost the house and moved into a one bedroom apt. It was me. my dd who was 11 and my son who was 9. We lived in a one bedrm apt for two years. We slept on couches, we took turns sleeping on the bed. Now my kids each have a room and I still sleep on a couch.
    Anonymous

• The rules are more for step siblings, foster children, and adoptees.
    Those not related by full blood.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Here the law is if you have girls and boys the girls can be in one room and the boy has to be in another room. The boy can be in the same room with the girls until they are a certain age. It all depends on what state you live in as to the laws. Call the police non-emergency number or your local CPS. That's what i did
    m_o_m_o_f_3

Answer by m_o_m_o_f_3 at 11:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Here it only applies to foster children, if they are adopted it doen't matter. But same sex siblings can always share a room, opposite sex up to age 9.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:38 AM on Jun. 22, 2010