• In the Spotlight:

My Husband passed away three years ago this Sept, my son is saying daddy is talking to him, Should I take my son to see someone.

My son who is six, has been saying daddy visits him and talks to him.
I was shocked when he told me and thought he was lying just being a kid having a strong imaginary, now I have became even more concerned because he will go down the hallway and say can daddy come in the kitchen, he said he loves you and wants you to be happy mommy, I'm scared I dont know how to explain to him that its just is memory re-thinking about daddy, and he thinks the other saying no he visits me when I'm sad and has a conversation with me. shold I get help before this gets worse.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• His father's spirit is with him that's all. He wants yo to be happy so be happy not scared. Your son's father obviously loves him very much to come be with him like that. Do not make your son scared either. Tell him it's OK to talk to his daddy whenever he wants.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• do you not believe in the after life? Lots of times when people she ghost or loved ones its usually kids that are more sensitive to this kind of thing. No I don't think you should worry unless your son starts hurting himself or others. I also believe that hubby is talking to your son and is there to help him move past his death. Give it some time, your son will soon be doing is old thing and being himself. I believe you husband is their for a reason. Try to be open minded about all this.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• If you believe in the after life, ghost, or spirit thing (whateve you like to call it) then I wouldn't worry about it. Your husband is not haunting your son. It would seem more he is watching over him. If it changed into a haunting then I would see someone
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I have to agree with delilahsmom1177. My grandmother died when I was 6 and my mom still remembers me telling her that I used to talk to her all the time until I was almost 13! Obviously you don't believe in spirits, but they are here. The last time I talked to my grandmother was at 17yrs old using a wigi board. She knew everything about me that nobody I was playing with knew, so I knew she was real. I would just tell him it's ok that he talks to his daddy. It's not a scary thing. It's just his spirit looking out for you. I know if I were someone else this would sound crazy, but I have seen many Ghosts/Spirits and I know they are real. GL and I hope you are open and talk to your son about it more.....
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Nope, Id believe my son. If he says his fathers spirit is visiting him...Id tell him to enjoy that time with him.

Not one bloomin' thing wrong with that.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• wow, i would be happy that hes visiting him, dont be scared or seek help...unless like PP said hes "haunting" him.But to me it seems like he is watching over him. Let him be, and dont scare him into being scared of his daddy.
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My Grandmother visited me as an angel to assure me that she was ok and that she made it to heaven. She and my grandfather are also my guardian angels. They were both with me when I wrecked our truck and if it wasn't for them I would have totalled our truck and been hurt really bad. Don't be alarmed. I'd ask him questions about what they talk about but I wouldn't discourage it most of the time children are innocent enough to see it but once he gets older he may not see his father anymore. I know that if I were to die I would want to visit my children to at least check on them and assure my fiance that I'd want him to be happy too. Maybe this is his way of being your sons guardian angel and to help him make a healthy transition in life especially once you choose to start dating if you haven't already.
    GraceZsMom

Answer by GraceZsMom at 12:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I think it is a good idea to let someone see him. There could definitely be some underlying emotions at work here. He might be having a tough time dealing with the fact his father is not physically there with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Anon, it's been 3 YEARS I think by now he has adjusted. He is seeing his daddy leave him alone!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2010