My 15yr daughter spends everyday with her boyfriend and has not talked or hanged out with her friends in months. what are some signs she might be having sex?

My daughter has been dating this boy who his a great kid, and we love having him around but they have a full time realitionship really they hang out everyday for hours and his house or are's I think she needs to spend more time with her firends and I tell her that, and could she be having sex how schold I know ive had the talk all she says is no mom dont worry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• i personally wouldnt try and force her not to have sex because she wont listen anyway if you do. just tell her you want to get her on birth control anyway just incase and give her some condoms. you cant really force her to hang out with her friends either, some things people have to learn on there own. she may be a child still, but she is a person and this is her life and people have to learn for themselves sometimes no matter how old they are.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Well, the fact that they hang out everyday is an indicator.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• she sounds like a normal teenage girl. when they're in a relationship they hang out with the bf constantly and when they're not with them in person they're on the phone or texting each other. hanging out all the time doesn't mean they're having sex...it means they're teenagers
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Just because they hang out everyday does not mean sex at all. I hung out with boys all day in the summer when i was in 5th grade and I WAS NOT having sex LOL. If you trust your daughter which obviously you do to let her hang out with him all the time then she might just tell you the truth if you are close like that. And if in your heart you truly believe take her to the doctor to get checked out and talk about BC.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 12:34 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I started "going out" with my husband when I was 15 and we were the same way, inseperable. Hate to tell you, we were having sex almost right away and he was my first. My mom gave me the same lecture about spending too much time with him but that was her opinion and i was in love, which clearly I was because we have been together for 16 wonderful years. Of course I know we are the exception but... I remember my mom bringing up birth control when we were together about 6mo or a year but I was already on it and I was honest with her about that. So, maybe she isn't but I doubt it will be long before she does if she hasn't.
    Just remember, you would rather have her with one boy than several, right? IMO, at this point you have to hope you raised her well and she makes good choices. Hang in there mom!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:39 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• well you def need to talk to her right away. She needs to know that you are concerned, and not in a bad way. You need to do this soon, because if they are having sex they need to protect them self. As a mom of a teen age boy with a child, I know first hand that these two being in love and hanging out every day can lead in to much bigger things that you can imagine. The talk needs to happen now, then a doc appt. Just be there for her.And please what ever you do, get her to start hanging out with her friends. Tell her that you will take them to the movies, or she can have a little sleep over type of thing...just her and her friends. Get her interested in hanging out with her friends again. We all thought our boy friends were the center of our world in our teen years lol. Just be careful, and watch them.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 1:55 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• honestly teenage girls will do this with there boyfriends. I spent every day with my first boyfriend and we never had sex (even though I had already lost my virginity) then my second BF came along and we hung out occasionally, but everytime we did we had sex.
    then I met my hubby when I was still a teen, we hung out everyday for 2 months. and when we started having sex it was frequently but not all the time- then we got pregnant and stopped cause I was a hormonal bitch lol.

what I'm trying to say here is, every relationship is different and how much they hang out does not indicate sexual activity- sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I have gone through the same thing with my dd. You can ask all you want, and she will just keep saying "no mom". But if you haven't talk to her about dating and boys, then do it now. I don't mean the sex talk, I mean what you expect of her and the boys she's with. Not really rules, but guidelines. I found that when I took my dd relationship as seriously as she did, our relationship got better. I change the "No don't have sex, you're too young", speech to " I can't stop you, but...be safe be smart and what ever else" you need to tell her. No it isn't giving her permission, I have told my now 17 yo dd all I could think of and now I stopped. There is nothing left for me to say! But I by no means give my permission, and in knowing that doing something I don't want her too now is a disappointment to me, it makes her think twice, well, then I did alright!! At some point a girl friend will call.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Trust me, they already had sex. My son is 15, and I have tight rules on him being that he is still a minor. I'm NOT READY to be a grandma, I'm still young, and I hate babies right now. You need to get a grip on her before it is too late. Pull her back in and set some strong rules.It appear to me that you and her is holding a rope, and she has the longer end of it. Me personally, I would never allow a 15 year old girl to spend that much time with a boy, because you're asking for trouble, and you will get it. Set boundaries, and if she disobey them, take away time spent with her boyfriend. My son go out and guess who escort him on his dates? MEEEE! I go everywhere they go because I REFUSE to be a grandma right now.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:38 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• If it is a movie date, just sit far in the back, but keep an eye on them. Remember 15 is still too young to be having sex.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 22, 2010