would this piss you off? what would you do?

My hubby is waiting for disability because he has back problems.
Because of that we qualify for food stamps every month. For the past 3 days he has been telling me that we are out of them, and in the mean time I'm going without. I've only been eating once a day, and drinking very little, because I was under the impression we didnt have anything! I'm trying to sell things on craig's list, anything I can think of. Tonight I had a feeling something wasn't right and sure enough he was lying we had 30 dollars left on it, not a lot but it would have got us a few meals and drinks. even after confronted he continued to lie about it. I cannot stand someone who lies right to my face. What would you do if this was your husband?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I can not tolerate liars!! I mean how could he?? and why?? Just take the card and keep it to yourself, check its balance on your own!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• He wouldn't be my husband anymore.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• The real question is WHY did he lie about it?

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• TAKE THE FOODSTAMP CARD FROM HIM AND U KEEP IT AND THEN KICK HIS ASS !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I would have a talk with him and try to understand why he lied. Even though there is no excuse for lying! not defending him but maybe he is scared about what lies ahead. to the point if me i would keep check of everything coming in and out of the door for the fact I can't stand being lied to
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• take the card and you handle it from now on. thats just ridiculous.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:10 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I'd tell him to go straight to hell, I've been there and done that and that's what I told the douche.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I'd call that selfish, lying rat bastard my soon-to-be-ex who can go to hell!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• So he's lying to you about finances, food, necessities? What did he plan on doing with the money left?!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:18 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Not only is that disrespectful but it also shows how little he cares for your well being. Even if the foodstamp balance was really 0$ he should have found a way to scrape up some extra money! He just sat there and watched his wife starve to conserve food. I bet he wasn't eating once a day.
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 9:36 AM on Jun. 22, 2010