have you ever felt lonely enough to contact on ex bf, just to talk to someone?

Thats where I am tonight. I have an ex bf, who I left b/c it wasnt working out. But sometimes, when I feel really alone, I want to contact him to say hi and see how he is. UGH,,,,I still care about him alot. I dont know, any suggestions and if you bash I will eat you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I know what you mean. I was with my ex for 5 months and I left him because he was so immature! And after that we lasted 3 years in which I knew he loved me still so much... So I would go back and tell him I loved him too because I felt lonely. In the end I realized I didn't love him as much as I thought. Its a matter of time.
    elliebaby

Answer by elliebaby at 3:09 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I used to feel that way when I was younger but now when I am lonely and I think of that person I remind myself and ex is an ex for a reason. then i feel stronger for having not called. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:01 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• The only time I ever talk to an ex is online on aim. And it's just one. He's the one who messages me and if i'm really bored, I'll have a small conversation with him. Other than that, no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• yes, but i know my ex is taken
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Been there too....are you trying to reconnect?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• OP here, I dont know, I really care about him. I have kids and my kids come first, I dont know....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I have 1 ex who I still love in a weird awkward way, care for him. But not in love. And I also have to tell myself, he's a ex for a reason.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I've felt like that. I actually did it after a guy from my work we'll call D that I'd been seeing for a few months broke up with me and left me feeling stupid and used. My very first real boyfriend in high school we'll call B had sort of kept in touch over the years. I would send him a birthday card every year even if we hadn't spoken or seen each other at all in a long time. We had actually decided to give it another go a few months before I met the guy from my work. Being the stupid jerk that I was I dropped him to B to be with D and he swore he'd never give me another chance and warned me he thought D was using me to get laid.

I did a lot of soul searching after the break up with D and realized that as bad as the breakup was I had FINALLY realized how good B was to me during our relationships. He would have jumped through blazing hoops for me and I'd treated him like total shit (like D had done to me)..cont'd
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:58 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I stored my pride and said a prayer before I called B shortly after I'd come to this realization. I was so nervous but I asked him to meet me at a local pub/restaurant so I could talk to him face to face. He didn't have a car at the time so I picked him up and I felt like puking..I was so worried he'd say no to us being together again I barely ate and there were a lot of awkward pauses in the conversation. 3 beers later I finally told him about the epiphany I'd had, what a heel I felt like, and how I would do anything for him to break his vow of never dating me again. He was quiet for a minute or two and my hands were shaking under the table. It felt like forever before he responded by saying "I can't believe you think I might say no to being with you again. I would give you 20 more second chances of it meant we'd be together at the end of it all"

We got married Sept 15th 2007 :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 4:07 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I have an ex that I reconnected with just to find out how he was doing, not because of anything romantic at all. He is doing well and it is funny when I see him how it is not like my feelings even go there at all. I am glad he is happy and is making a life for himself and I am glad it is not with me. I just always wondered how he was because he went thru a lot of tragedy in his life, and I will admit it is a little boost to know that someone still things of your from time to time even though neither of you would ever go back to that place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jun. 22, 2010