Did I do some damage?

these past two weeks I have been walking 1 to 2 miles drinking lots of water then this evening my kids wanted ice cream well instead having just a little serving I had me a second helping (I feel so guilty)
tomorrow I will have to walk just as far (double) right? What do you think? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You should always have a reward meal. I don't think you did damage.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:09 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Part of leading a healthy lifestyle is allowing yourself a treat once in awhile. If you do, you're less likely to overdo it! I like ice cream, so we go out and get a cup of ice cream and share. Knowing that I can have small treats here and there keeps me from having more than a portion or 1/2 a portion! If you want to burn extra calories, a 150lb woman burns about 100 calories per mile (as long as you're walking at a brisk pace, elevating your heart rate) I'm about 12lbs over weight still and I burn about 120 calories per mile (I run) Add in some weight training too, as the more muscle you have the higher your metabolism will be!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 4:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2010