Is crusty nipples this early in a pregnancy normal?

I'm only 9 weeks pregnant and my nipples are already getting this white/clear crust on them and look like they're cracking a bit. I know that this is normal later on but is it normal for 9 weeks? My boyfriend is really disgusted by them and I was just wondering if there is anything I can do about it.

chrysalis777

Asked by chrysalis777 at 2:21 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yep, it is normal for some women. Not much you can do about it besides rinse it off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I had the same problem early in my pregnancy and my OB recc using Nipple Cream for breastfeeding (Lansinoh or other there is another brand the name eludes me right now) to help with it. Congrats on your pregnancy.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:44 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It is normal, I'm 18 weeks and have been having that problem for about 6 weeks. My doctor said it's normal and to use a breastfeeding cream or even just some lotion.
    Anonymous