Just wanna give props to mom's of tennagers!

I want to give props to all the mom's of teenagers! I'm only 22 years old myself, no where near the teenage years with my kids. But I'll say alot of your teens are lucky to have parents who care enough to make those silly little rules; curfews, dating rules, and what other rules you might have in your home. As a teen I thought it was awesome my parents never cared what I did, when I got home, or even who I hung out with. By time I was 14 they kinda just gave up on me you could say. I moved out by time I was 15 years old and got in alot of trouble from then up until I was 18. Now when I look back I wish I had parents that cared .... So even though they don't seem to care now, one day they will! Keep it up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• i grew up the way did except my mom dont even care what her 4 yr old at the time was doing or if he even at so when i was in 8th grade i had to drop out to take care of a4 yr old an 8 yr old a 10 yr old a 13 yr old and a 14 yr old...they r my lil bros and sister and my dad was always working double jobs so no time to stay home....so i see what ya mean plus at 16 i got prego and now im 18 with an 11 month old and one on the way and im still taking care of my lil bro who is now 17 and dad divorced mom and has three youngest and sister decided to be with mom after everything and at 15 was prego and lost the baby...so i think i know hell when i say some kids have hell to live with
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i meant to say she didnt care if the 4 yr old even ate
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Thank you:)

It's not easy raising teenagers.  You have to walk a fine line between rules, guidance and discipline and allowing them the freedom to be themselves.

My girls are 13 and 17 and so far I've been pretty successful but keep your fingers crossed because we're not out of the danger zone yet lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:08 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Although my parents cared about me when I was a teenager, they didn't spend any time with me or even ask about school or my day or what ever. And that hurt. Yes, we had a nice house and food and everything you could ask for, but I didn't have my parents. My mom to this day is very difficult to be around. Life is about her. So when my girls hit the teen years I was very aware of what I am saying to them. Yes I love my mother, but I don't really like her. And that is hard to say. I don't ever what my girls to feel like that about me. No I am not their friend, I am mom. But they know that they can come to me about anything and we will figure it out. I too keep my fingers crossed, but so far so good. So thank you, it is always nice to hear you are doing a good job! You did too!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 8:45 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Raising a teen today is like raising a herd of bulls, it can be tough. My only child is 15, and he is a good kid, but he get into these rude and lazy moods sometimes, but I was told to be thankful he's not in the streets selling drugs, stealing, or getting into any other type of trouble. Two more years, and off to college he goes.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Thanks! It is not an easy job. I am one of those moms that have all the "silly rules". Some of my sons friends can't understand why I do. Why I don't let my almost 14 year old roam the streets and do whatever he wants. They don't understand that my son has consequences and rules to follow. That he is required to be respectful for adults and teachers and I have no problem walking into school and taking care of him when he messes up. My son can be rude, disgusting and lazy but alteast he is respectful, doesn't do drugs or isn't a criminal.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Please mail this to Emily and Hope 1223 Colb...just kidding. I will let my girls know you said so THANKS!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:41 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Thank you so much! My 14 year old daughter is so angry with me right now because she has to abide by the rules my ex and I have laid out for her. I know that these are years of tough love with them that will help them be strong and keep them safe. I know I felt like I hated my mom at this age because I thought she was too strict and was just plain mean. I look back and thank my mom (she past away long ago) for loving me so much. I even remember her saying to me and my sisters: "We're hard on you because we love you," and I would be rolling my eyes in my mind!
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2010