I really wanna baby, but my husband doesnt want one at the moment, what shall i do??

Mrs.Simmons09

Asked by Mrs.Simmons09 at 4:52 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Talk to him and find out why he doesn't, and be honest and tell him how important it is to you.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• You should both discuss your reasons - you for wanting one, him for not wanting one right now. Talk about it openly and honestly, and with respect for each other's feelings (no guilt trips that the other one doesn't agree - you shouldn't feel guilty for wanting one, and he shouldn't feel guilty for not wanting one).

Then, see if you can come together on a compromise - like, instead of "no" or "now", it's "next yr".

But, if you can't compromise or come to an agreement, then I'm sorry, but you need to not have another one. Neither partner should be forcing more kids on the other. To try to make him have more (and be a good dad to the kid of course) is just as bad as a man who tries to force a woman to have more kids than she wants to have. You need to both respect each others feelings.

I'm sorry, I know it's hard to do this though! good luck!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:45 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I have a 11mth old and I told my husband I wanted another baby he thought we should wait, but we werent using any contraceptive. Well about a mth later I found out I was pregnant and he was happy about the baby. So my point is maybe he will change his mind.
    Anonymous