how did you loose your preggo weight & how long did it take?

hey everyone! im the proud mommy of a 6week old lil girl & along w/adjusting to mommyhood, have been busy busy trying to get back to my old self! i only gained 18 pounds whole pregnancy & from my wt @ delivery to what i weigh now, i am 34 lbs lighter WOO HOO! i still wanna loose 25 more & my metabolism has come to a screeching halt.... help! ive cute out lots of fried foods, drinkin more water & walking but the scale wont budge. what did you all do to get the weight off?

mommyw2010

Asked by mommyw2010 at 5:02 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• lol. First off, woo hoooo!! Congrats on loosing all the poundage and on your girl.
    Like you, I didn't gain much with my pregnancies, and I lost ALL of it and then some within a week of their birth. With my son, my body was back to looking the same, with my daughter, I weighed less but my body shape was different.
    I did a lot of baby yoga. I ate lots more greens, fruits, lean meats, etc. The most important thing, however, is to not be so fixated on the scale. The scale might not have budged, BUT, that could be because you're putting on muscle and shedding the fat. So if your clothes are starting to feel looser, then it's a success.
    Also, you can hit what everyone calls "The Wall" where you lose the first half of your weight loss goal pretty easily, and the other half, it's like you've hit a wall. You don't go up or down in weight no matter what you do. cont...
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 7:08 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Don't lose faith or get frustrated, just keep doing what you're doing, have fun, enjoy life and your newly expanded family - and before you know it, you'll start shedding those pounds again.

I'm also doing P90X which is the easiest since I have a toddler, an infant, and I'm a SAHM to 3 furbabies as well. It's a pain to get out and about!

Good lucK!
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 7:09 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• hx manicmomma02 for all your advice & tips! yes i have officially hit the wall & its so frustrating but im trying not to become fixiated on the scale....but i think its jus something girls do! we have an issue w/the number, no matter how our clothes fit! i really think alot of my issue w/weight loss is the fact i weighed an amount i swore i would never let myself get too while i was preggo! i weighed 216 when i delivered & i swore id NEVER reach 200 lbs! granted the wt was due to my growing baby inside belly but i still had an issue w.it even while preggo! im stuck @ 184 now & REALLY wanna be back @ 150 before or by my anniversary in september (me & the hubby are planning a weekend getaway!!) im starting zumba classes in july w/some coworkers....im also walking w/dakota in the park, doing sit ups & push-ups as well as trying my best to eat healthy. i had gestational diabetes while preggo so ive adjusted to eating lots of
    mommyw2010

Answer by mommyw2010 at 4:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• grilled meats, salads, water & i allow myself the occasional sweet! im not asking ot be super model skinny, just to fit back n2 y size 8 jeans again & feel sexy naked! tonite i did an impr step: i cleaned out my closet! put away all my maternity clothes so i couldnt revert back to them when im having a "fat day" & organized my closet from what i can wear to what im going to b able to wear again! for me doing that made me more motivated to get back to my old self! OH BUT ON A HAPPY NOTE- i can fit into my size 12 jeans again!! YAY! ive still got 3 pair of size 8 sitting on top of closet shelf that i WILL wear asap! thanks again for your advice & i will keep ya posted on my wt loss
    mommyw2010

Answer by mommyw2010 at 4:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• WOW! Sweet baby! I think the entire post is great news! You are really stepping out to achieve your goal! So great! Usually when plateaus happen it is the calorie awareness factor. ;( Yep, you gotta write down what you eat, look up calories and adjust.

To lose one pound you must have a calorie deficit of 3500...preferably over a week's time or more. (I assume you are not nursing, if you are, then stop trying to lose your glands and hormones are telling you to stop because they are holding on to "food".)

You are 184 right now. To maintain that weight (184lbs x13 calories = 2,392 calories a day is what you have to eat to maintain that 184lbs.)

Having said that, you USE calories just going about your daily activities. So, you have to do a little studying to arrive at a comfortable level of losing weight. I used a Little Black Book-Daily Food Diary and the Personal Choice Menu template to remind me of the calorie value.
    rocknroth

Answer by rocknroth at 1:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I lost weight using a nutritional cleansing program.

This site has more info - http://simplecleansing.blogspot.com/

contact me if you have any questions - you can message me here or use the contact info on the site. :)
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 3:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2010