What does BP stand for?

They're the ones who are responsible for the oil spill. But what does BP stand for? No smart-ass answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Bristish Petroluem
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:29 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• lol. I just assumed it was the company BP. I have no idea I guess!! Oh and I'm not the OP! :0)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• The company initials BP stands for Bristish Petroleum.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 7:27 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• British Petroleum. They've gone by BP for many years now.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:44 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Blooming Prarie,a very small town next to where I live,LOL,What the PP'Ssaid.

cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 8:09 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• To correct you, they don't know exactly what caused the explosion. There were a series of failings starting with the Minerals management guys who were to busy looking at porn to do their jobs. Yes, BP could have cut corners or might not have stopped the well as soon as they should have but "stuff" happens and there is plenty of blame to go around so don't use blanket statements that will lead people to think you know what you are talking about.
    Maybe if everyone would put their energies into cleaning up this spill like they do casting blame things would be going much better for our precious wildlife and ecosystem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i didnt know what it stood for either. thanks, now i know!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Maybe if everyone would put their energies into cleaning up this spill like they do casting blame things would be going much better for our precious wildlife and ecosystem.

***
    So now we should be donating OUR energy into cleaning up this spill? What would you i=like for me to do from Pennsylvania?! LOL And I have already written a check--didn't take much "energy!" And so now I'm free to resuming my bash-fest of Obama and BP all I want!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:30 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I can't get on a plane and go wash animals with dawn. I have babies to nurse, a job to go to, and liberals to annoy.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:55 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• To correct you, they don't know exactly what caused the explosion
    Sorry, yes they do. High pressure methane from within the well shot out and ignited. 11 workers were never found by Coast Guard Search and rescue and are presumed dead. The rig burned for 36 hours then sank. The slick started appearing the next day, but several BP officials claimed that ROV's showed no damage to the wellhead.
    A comprehensive review of 18 blowouts have shown that in every single instance, the drilling mud used was lightened and thinned (meaning it did not have the proper viscosity or thickness). Defoamers are often added to try to restore the muds properties, but the only way to really ensure that it's fixed is to replace the mud. Once the mud is cut with gas, it's considered a toxic waste and must be disposed of in a particular, costly manner. This was not done, Hallibrton was pumping cement with drilling mud that looked like a beer head.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jun. 22, 2010