how long do i have to wait to feed after having a beer

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you asking how long you have to wait to feed, nurse, after you have drunk alcohol? You shouldn't ever drink alcohol while you're nursing.

Answer by AnneZbeth at 11:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• You can drink alcohol while you are nursing. THe rule of thumb is if you can drive you can nurse. Having 1-2 beers will not affect your milk very much. If you are worried, wait a few hours, but you don't need to unless you are getting pissed ass drunk. In which case you should pump and dump for your comfort and then feed when you are sober (You really shouldn't be taking care of a baby when you are smashed, though, but I digress)

Answer by sapient at 11:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• i read article saying you do not have dump your breastfeeding milk or if pump it
    it like 2 hours. but i perfer not so soon i will say 4 hours depend on what you drink that night

Answer by mommytobe24 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Pump some milk before you drink just to be on the safe side. I think its like an hour for so many oz of alcohol. You can google it, I did a while back.

Answer by Queentdi at 12:36 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• its about an hour.....and yes you can have a beer or a glass of wine now and then, however my doctor tells me not to have hard liq. such as vodca, rye etc.

Answer by tiffany002 at 1:38 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I have been told to feed right before u drink and then wait 2 hrs after u have had ur last beer. not suggested 2 drink liquor

Answer by acoster at 5:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• if its 1 beer, it won't affect the baby but any more and you want to wait a few hours and then pump and ... dump. I know liquid gold shouldn't be wasted but your baby shouldn't be wasted either.

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• You should never nurse after drinking alcohol. Some people say its fine, I guess thats because maybe theres not enough to get your baby drunk, nonetheless your giving them alcohol. Not okay IMO.

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 11:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• You shouldn't drink when you are breastfeeding. Give the baby formula until the alcohol is out of your system.

Answer by deliela at 6:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2008