General McChrystal not a happy soldier?

I think the military are supposed to keep their feelings under wraps and it probably was bad judgement for him to give this interview but it just goes to show that Obama and this administration is going down. What do you think?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/06/22/general.mcchrystal.obama.apology/index.html?eref=rss_politics&iref=polticker

(CNN) -- Gen. Stanley McChrystal, America's top military commander in Afghanistan, has been recalled to Washington amid his controversial remarks about colleagues in a Rolling Stone article, officials said.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 8:29 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm surprised Obama even noticed. When was the last time he visited with McChrystal? It's not exactly on his "Top 10" list of things to do as president!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:31 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I am not an Obama supporter, but I am shocked that McCrystal would do this interview and IMO should have never done it. I can not imagine what McChrystal was thinking. However. I am also shocked that Obama actually reponded QUICKLY to this situation. I guess it shows he CAN respond quickly when it affects him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Yeah, I think McCrystal just made himself the modern day McArthur.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• well, to say that they shouldnt have the freedom of speech is silly! They are taught to be tactful, but they can say how they feel just like any civilian! Plus Bush was way worse i think most people are prejudice, and looking at every little thing Obama does to find reasons to hate him!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• For JoLee 12345, Was Bush "way worse" than McCrystal or Obama?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I voted for Obama Jo Lee, and I voted for him because in his debate with McCain he specifically sited McChrystal as unhappy with the Bush Administration and that the Afgan Offensive was ham strung by Bush's Iraqi policy. He pointed out in his debate that the Commander in Chief has a responsibility to listen to his Generals and take measured action based on their plans because they were there. I am sincerely disappointed in Obama because McChrystal is doing JUST that, and then to call him on the carpet for something he supported when it suited him is just plain wrong.

urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 9:46 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• that the Afgan Offensive was ham strung by Bush's Iraqi policy.

***
    Riiiight. Because the Democratic controlled Congress during the last 2+ years Bush was in office, had NOTHING to do with being "ham strung." (sarcasm)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:18 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• You just can't help arguing can you?
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2010