Any other pregnant women feel like this?

I am going to have my baby in about a month and I am not ready for it at all! I never even pictured myself having kids.. I live in a one bedroom apartment and barely have enough room for my things, we already had to get rid of my kitchen table, chairs, some sides tables, aquariums, and a dresser and there's still not enough room for the baby's things... I was up all night thinking about how my life is going to be changing so fast. I still cant picture my life with a baby and she is coming very soon.. I dont know what to do I am stressing out so bad about all of this, I was exited for a while, but now I'm not at all, I am more scared then anything. Sometimes I even think suicidal thoughts, I would never act on them but they still pop into my head, I seriously think I am starting to go crazy.. The baby's father is very exited and cant wait, but I just want her to stay in my belly. I feel depressed about the whole situation (cont

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• (cont) Does anyone else feel like this or should I talk to a docter about how I'm feeling? I am also scared that if I talk to a docter they will take the baby away since I have been having such bad thoughts about it! What do you think?
    ..thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I think you could be suffering from depression. It can happen before or sometimes after the baby comes.

Talk to your Dr. they need to know how you are truly feeling so they can help you in the best way!

Its not uncommon for a woman to feel anxious or worried or even regretful...but the suicidal thoughts make me think this is more than just pregnancy nerves. Talk to you Dr. so you can be healthy for the baby :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:47 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i think u should talk to ur doctor about whatever u feel comfortable talking to them about. but they need to kno about how ur feeling-they could put some thoughts at ease. its normal to feel that way with it being ur first child. it turned exciting to scared very quickly when it came down to the last few weeks for me.there isnt anything wrong with you, but i would speak with my doctor=GL
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I think you are overly stressed and need to talk to someone about it. I would recommend finding a good therapist to talk to. Then everything is confidential, and you get the help you need to see you through this transitional period.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 8:48 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• they will describe depression pill, they wont take your baby. I think its normal for first time parents to get scared about the baby coming, exspecially toward the end. You'll do great! GL
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:49 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Try talking to friends or family, it'll really help. But trust me I was even more unstable and going nuts when i had my first child. Try to save room and get her a little dresser and a bassinet, or mini crib, thats what i did, i didn't get her a real crib til she was like 7 months and we could afford it and moved into a slightly bigger house. It'll all work out in the end. Don't get depressed, and don't keep telling yourself that it won't work out, because the only way it won't work out is if you keep telling yourself that, trust me, when i changed my attitude and challenged myself, i made the impossible happen. Is it that you have small space, or you're also having financial trouble? u can pm me or email me and i'll be happy to talk to you. But its natural for your hormones to be raging at this point. Cool down, and your freaking out cuz its ur first, you'll realize they don't need so much later.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 8:51 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I never felt that way, but it sounds horrible! I guess you can just think about why you chose to have her and what was your initial thought about it and try to focus on that! :)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Take a big breath ! Talk to your doctor let them know wht is going on!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I would let the doctor know... I've had a lot of depression off and on myself and I've read up on the fact that depression (especially with the suicidal thoughts) during pregnancy gives a higher risk for post-pardem depression. it's something to monitor so the doctor can help you through it and continue to help you after the baby's born. It's a lot more common than you'd think, so don't think you're the only one.

It's because your hormones are all out of whack.... it's not something for them to take the baby away because of. You just may need something to help balance out the hormones for the remainder of the pregnancy and for a short time afterward- til your hormones get back to normal.

I've also heard that nursing helps with some of that too.... are you planning to nurse? Ask your doctor about that as well.

Good luck! And keep us posted!
    Oddyssey

Answer by Oddyssey at 10:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I couldn't agree more with the posters advising you to speak to your Dr. ob/gyn and if he/she doesn't do anything then call your insurance company and ask for a local psychiatrist. you are having passive suicidal thoughts you think but don't take action, however you are about to give birth and you feel you are not ready therefor the stress of that can weigh heavily on you and we don't want the passive thoughts to turn to aggressive thoughts so speak up now they will be able to help you deal with the stress of having a baby and all the life changes you are about to fringe upon. Being frightened is not a bad thing it is a big change in your life, and you are lucky to have a supportive father, this will help. Good luck and please reach out for help, take care of yourself so you can take care of your precious baby daughter....
    Joeydollbaby

Answer by Joeydollbaby at 12:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2010