toddler sleep change?

ok so last 3 nights my 18 month old DD fights sleep,she doesn't cry or fight me per say, but when i lay her down at her normal 8pm bedtime i have to go back into her room least 6-8 times to tell her to go back to bed(shes in a toddler bed), well do i still enforce the same bed time and just keep redirecting her back to bed, or do i make her nighttime later?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• either make her bed time earlier, or i suggest you wake her up earlier in the day or from her last nap. she should still sleep around 8. It's best after much trial and error with my 2 yr old.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 8:53 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• We went through that with dd. We had a baby gate on her door so that she stayed in her room. Half the time we would find her on the floor asleep. The other half of the time she would be in bed. It just depended on what we had done for that day. I know it is tough, but hang in there. It's worth it. It didn't take too long for her to stay in bed on her own. Just keep reinforcing. Use the Super Nanny technique. Say bed the first two times and NOTHING after that as you put her back in the bed.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 8:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• poster- she has been in a toddler bed since 13 months here and has done great.. just lately ugh, she doesn't nap in the day anymore so that is why i do the 8pm bed time she sleeps then till8am but lately its been 830/9 by the time i get her to stay in her bed vs talking/playing with herself lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It pretty normal at this age,, DS took 2 naps,,,then I shortened it to one longer one,, and it seemed to do the trick,,,I guess it wouldn't hurt to move it to 8;30,, if that is when she seems to want to go to bed,, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:09 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Our son fights sleep if he doesn't get completely worn out during the day--I'm the same way, have trouble falling asleep unless I'm exhausted! So we just make sure that he gets outside to play during the day, take him to the pool whenever we can, etc. Lots of physical activity has helped our bedtime routine.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2010