Would you be upset if your husband didn't stay til the end of your child's highschool graduation?

The graduation is about 2 1/2 hours long. My husband said he is leaving after his son walks across the stage. I will be so angry if he does. He does this all the time. He doesn't stay for my daughters entire dance recital, she was in 9 dances and he only stayed to watch 2. When my daughter graduated 5th grade, he left after she got her diploma and wasnt' there for the father and daughter dance, my daughter stood and watched her friends dance with their fathers. After my sons graduation, I wanted to take family pictures and go out to eat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• What is his reasoning? Do you think he might have adult adhd? Does he sit in a wedding and or movie? I think he owes it to his children to be there for the entire ceremony...is he a good Dad otherwise or is he not intereste in anything they do?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:06 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I'd be upset.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:07 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• he says that he has to get back to work, he's a morgage broker and works his own hours. He knew about his sons graduation, he just doesn't like long ceremonies. I feel like this will be my last straw with him, that's how angry I am.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Yes Id be upset... What is his reason for not wanting to stay the entire time...
    If anything Id prefer my hubby come a little later but in time to catch my child walk- and still be there at the end of the ceremonies.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• For major events such as graduation or even recital he really should stay. It is discourteous otherwise. I've been to recitals where the parents left after their child performed and it was not nice at all.

Answer by Bmat at 9:11 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It is very selfish of him to do that. I attended my niece's graduation two weeks ago, and it was very long, but I stayed until the entire program was over. Believe it or not, your husband is not alone, many parents, friends, and family members left after seeing their loved ones walk across the stage. I guess some people do not have the patience to sit for a long period of time. I stayed because I wanted to see the graduates throw their caps in the air. I also recorded the event for my niece, so I had to stay.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Hmm, I would tell him either this time you stay,, or don't come at all, explain to him how this is going to make his son feel, are you going to have a party after? I only ask because if he plans on going to that he should stay,, I don't blame you for being angry,, and I would voice my opinion LOUD and clear! But try not to in front of your son,,,really who does like long ceremonies,, no body,, but that is what being a grown-up is all about,, what are you going to do if he does leave?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:14 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I'd be really ticked.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• he's wicked selfish
    ibebreezy

Answer by ibebreezy at 9:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• He's being rude!!
    I'd personally be tempted to do the same thing to him. Only during sex.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:28 AM on Jun. 22, 2010