If you had hip joint/pelvic pain while pregnant, did it continue PP?

I've had 3 babies. I had terrible hip joint and pelvic pain with all three. The joint also hurt down on the inside where the leg connects into the groin area. It was an awful pain that was always at its worst when I first got out of bed in the morning. In the past I only had this pain while pregnant. Now, 6 months PP with my 3rd baby the pain is back in my right hip joint.

For those of you who had this joint and/or pelvic pain due to the softening ligaments, did you ever have it PP?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Health

• I am 6 months PP also, and still have joint pain, too. BUT... I am 41 y.o.! I am hoping that since I stopped BF a couple weeks ago, the horror-mones will regulate, and the pain will lessen (since the hormones play a big part in that pain- but you prob already know that!). I read somewhere that low estrogen can lead to joint pain. The joints/ligaments may also still be loose from the hormone Relaxin.
    8oclockcoffee

Answer by 8oclockcoffee at 9:56 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• You should probably go see your doc and get an X-Ray, could have something going on with joint.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:57 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i had some joint and pelvic pain after the twins. i got pregnant again when they were 15 months old...i was just able to start doing deep lunges and squats again.
    i would see a chiropractor if i were you. it can help with the pain now, and help recovery later. i am 40, and like the pp said, maybe that is why it takes us a long time to recover? i think having twins had something to do with recovery time too.
    i wish you the best of luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Thanks ladies. Don't know why my original question is anon. Didn't mean to click that.

My OB wants to refer me to a sports medicine something or other (forgot what she called it). But, with 3 kids under the age of 4 and one BFing, I really just don't have the time to go.

I'm 34 and had my 3 pregnancies back to back. So, I'm thinking my age plus not giving my body the chance to recover has led to my problems. I've been pregnant or BF or both since November of 2005.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:46 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I would get it checked. Mine went away after delivery.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2010