Need help with wording

Good morning: I need help in writing a letter about my co-worker/ very good friend's retirement.
I started it: "It is with a heavy heart that I must announce the retirement of our beloved Nancy Nurse. "
It sounds like she has died. I don't want THAT, lol.... can you think of a better way to say it?

kjrn79

Asked by kjrn79 at 9:15 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• "After years of hard work and dedication, Nancy Nurse has decided to begin a new chapter of her life and has decided to retire from her position as Charge Nurse."

How about something like that?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• How about "It is with deep regret that I must announce....."?
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:22 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• use another word besides "beloved" such as greatful, most awesome, our greatest friend, our dearest friend...

americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Is it a positive that she is retiring? If so what about "With much joy for Nancy , but sadness for us, I announce..........."

If it is for sad reasons that she is retiring your deep regret example is OK.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• What about starting out I am sad for us, but so happy for her, that Nancy Nurse is retiring, She has been such an inspiration to all of this we are sorry to loser her, but so pleased that she is going to be starting a new journey! Hope this help!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:28 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• wow, you guys are great! Thanks!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:34 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• with my way of talking to people?? lol... "this is gonna suck, but nancy gets to move on and start that garden she always wanted to kill."
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:37 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• lmao, thanks. I don't think this one will be doing any gardening.....
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• How about: With complete envy, jealousy, and want, we watch in awe as our cherished co-worker, Nancy, accomplishes what we all wait for and dream of - retirement.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:55 AM on Jun. 22, 2010